Saturday, June 19, 2010

England's performance against Algeria confirms my grim predictions: that - as so often - if 'we' do go through it will be by some twist of the statistics.

Luckily I didn't have to suffer the full 90 minutes. I've discovered a written commentary via the iPod Touch and so it's possible to keep track every so often while continuing dinner and the conversation.

It's not as though I was going to miss anything ...

*

Reading Aaron Tieger's Days and Days that Geof Huth slipped in with a batch of other books. Really enjoying it. (I suspect it might be a nudge and a nod and a wink). Ordered Secret Donut on the strength of it.

*

Playing about with the asemic writings, experimenting with different arrangements and turning them to see how they look - some work, some don't. I'll try to put together a selection - this time on better quality paper.

*

For anyone who might be interested & in the vicinity: I'll be driving to the U.K. next Sunday (27th) and back on the Thursday (1st).

No comments:

April Fool?