Thursday, November 06, 2008




ROLLING UPON MY DAY

Rolling upon my day
With weakness in my vision
The separate event
The growing up to reason
Convinces me that
Something very special
Something rather fine
Something all together
Is totally divine
I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
I feel it in my breakfast
And even in my clothes
I feel it in my sofa
I feel it in my chair
I feel it in my toothbrush
And sometimes
Sometimes in my hair
Sometimes in my hair


I heard this first on a poor quality BASF C90 cassette one autumn evening in 1985. No track listing. Just a scrawled 'DOME' down the cassette card spine.

I bought this album - yes, vinyl - thinking it was the one:



It wasn't. 

But I quite liked it all the same. Certainly it impressed a few people at parties. "You've got this ... wow!" (Actually, I think it was the cover that I liked most).

So, getting the CD containing Dome 1 & 2 in the post today was a 'These You Have Loved' moment. And I still think 'Rolling Upon My Day' is damn good.

(this post's for Lawrence - if you're out there)

*

Other news: a malingering insidious cold which has sapped energy & the will to Blog. Frustrating.

No comments:

April Fool?