Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Three quotations

-

if you’re not writing narratively or argumentatively, the whole question of beginning and ending and how to proceed are by no means trivial questions.

-

I sought a means of revealing how even the clearest of sentences, the most ‘inevitable’ of logics, was no less a Frankenstein construction.

-

looking very hard at an individual sentence or phrase or word, examining what it might be saying, how it might be saying it, considering its social implications, its place in the text, the prosody, what other sentences and phrases might lead into it, even the physical shape and colour of the individual letters, or how the ink dries into the grain of the paper. For me, the pleasure of writing is absolutely fixed within the localness of context. I want the reader to share that aspect of this experience.

-

(Ron Silliman in an interview)

__

I wrote these in a notebook 2001/2 - just what I need right now.

No comments:

April Fool?