Sunday, October 04, 2009


Some months ago I posted a dream in which I found a bookstore with shelf after shelf of small press poetry and home-made editions. Perhaps it's a version (vision?) of heaven. (Another being a busy French brasserie where the angels are waiters dashing through revolving doors carrying seafood platters, cassoulet, steak du patron et frites.)

So it's been a bit like going to Paradise & back - or the suburbs at least - the past two days.





The Marché du Livre de Mariemont - Salon de la petite édition et de la création littéraire.

In other words, a festival of Artist's Books just down the motor way from Brussels. Table after table of the most fascinating works - word-based, image-based, xerox-basic through to luxurious thousand euro limited editions.

Fingers trembling, I'm left with the question: Why do anything else?

3 comments:

Katya Kilian said...

Mr Jones,
You sometimes remind me of Stephen Clarke in your writing, but a wittier, brighter version. I think that you should write a book!!!


Katya

fabribear said...

Very much a fan of your idea of heaven. The brasserie that is. Mixing the two would only end with me spilling a Jupiler on a priceless manuscript.

fabribear said...

Very much a fan of your idea of heaven. The brasserie that is. Mixing the two would only end with me spilling a Jupiler on a priceless manuscript.

April Fool?