Sunday, November 01, 2009

It's raining. Pouring. The plan was for us all to go for a walk but discretion is the better part of valour (or something like that). So in the end I was the only one to struggle out against the elements. Half an hour later, my boots, coat and jeans are drying down in the basement.

Went swimming this morning - at least I got as far as the car park which was suspiciously - significantly - empty. Closed. One of the very few days of the year. I drove up to the woods and went for a jog-run-walk. Then sat watching the leaves fall onto the ponds. Right now it seems important to make such efforts.

It's meant to be pretty lousy weather for the coming week. I'll be crossing over to England early on Wednesday staying on until Sunday. Simply being there will probably be a help.

The challenge these days is to find periods in which to settle. Various things keep nagging away in the background. Plus work starts next door tomorrow - which entails yet more sorting, chucking, lugging, arranging. So not so much a holiday then rather a different type of activity.

And I trod on one of the cats.


No comments:

April Fool?