Monday, March 08, 2010

Entering the rather fraught period of the year (IB Orals, internal assessment, sample recordings, last minute cramming). However, April beckons and classes fall away and the sun shines (or so we hope).

*

Rilke's 'Letters on Cezanne' arrived today. Yesterday afternoon I spent absorbed in a grand Cy Twombly monograph. The 50s/60s work is particularly interesting.

*

Tea update: Pu'ehr and second flush Darjeeling are new additions to my vocabulary of leaves.

*

Potholes litter the roads. Impossible to avoid them. (On Thursday someone reversed into my car. I sat immobile watching him swing around - utterly oblivious. Real-life in slow motion).

*

I misread a headline the other day as "shouting near the Pentagon" (in fact it was "shooting'). Wouldn't it be good, though, to have such news items?

*

Ten past six and it's still light outside. Birds atwitter. It must be spring (or thereabouts).

No comments:

April Fool?