Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Last night the girls notice that I've lost the left rest on my glasses (the bit that sits against the nose - there's probably a technical term for it). This is the sort of thing that really irritates me - the hassle of getting a new pair ... new prescription ... etc.

However, this afternoon I pop into the opticians near the girls' school. Might it be possible to do a little D-I-Y fix for the time being? The man behind the counter jumps up, examines my specs and suggests he replaces both rests - would I like silicon (softer, more comfortable, fashionable even)? The job takes five minutes and another five minutes for adjustments. We have a pleasant chat as he works. All done I ask him what I owe. Nothing, he replies, other than that I pass the word on. Which I'm only too happy to do. So if you wear glasses and are in the area ...

Faith in the human race restored - at least for the time being.

1 comment:

cliff said...

Nose pads?

April Fool?