Monday, January 01, 2018


o


o


o

Wishing anyone who still drops by a Happy New Year ... 

... I'll skip the usual (empty) promises to post more consistently. 

Here is a Top Ten list of ear food - the kind of music I have been enjoying during the past year:
  • Pacal Dusapin (String Quartets & Item in particular)
  • John Lurie/ Lounge Lizards (anything I could get my hands on)
  • Philip Glass (the Olafsson Piano Etudes recording)
  • Frank Zappa (Crux of the Biscuit plus early vinyl reissues)
  • Beatrice Rana (that Bach Goldberg recording) 
  • Mahler (starting to listen again with fresh ears - Symphony No.2 conducted by Solti is sheer joy)
  • Ron Miles (I Am A Man) 
  • Hans Abrahamsen (String Quartets) 
  • Thomas Demenga (his new recording of the Bach Cello Suites)
  • Haydn (the op. 76 String Quartets - thanks to a lucky find of Hans Keller's book in a Camberley charity shop)

No comments:

April Fool?