Tuesday, January 27, 2015





This arrives today - a volume I have been waiting for ... several years. It was rumoured & then postponed & then seemed to have disappeared. So finally ...

& what better timing! On a day when I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Decisions made which leave you aghast & yet circumstances dictate. Take it or leave it. Compromise dressed up as choice.

I am a big fan of Miles' work - all the way back to the first book: Compositional Bonbons Placate. My own Morse Solids was a declared homage to his Sore Models (which, in turn, was a reply to Kit Robinson - if I remember correctly).

Only a quick flip through as yet but I notice that the Amazon image is not, in fact, the actual cover but a drawing within by Trevor Winkfield (a key Miles collaborator).

Anyway ... after a day of dreary pedagogic talk this is the perfect antidote.

.

Jog Update ... during the meetings I noticed out of the window the sky clearing & thought ... shoes on ...

4:30 ... Home ... changed ... a brisk walk up the road & into the woods. Having done my circuit (3 km) I check the clock - 20 mins. That's pretty good for me.

No comments:

April Fool?