Friday, August 07, 2009

Summer Reading Update:

Mina Loy - The Lost Lunar Baedeker

Started in on this one again - I bought it a long time ago & never got beyond the introduction. I hadn't realized that Joseph Cornell knew & admired her.

Larry McCaffery - After Yesterday's Crash & Storming the Reality Studios

Hatching a plan to read seriously into Cyberpunk through to Christmas.

Cid Corman - Nothing Doing

It arrived while we were away & I've still to give it the attention it deserves.

Ron Padgett - Creative Reading

Everything I've found by Padgett is good & this one suggests plenty of class-friendly ideas for next year. Hampton Armpit acknowledges a debt.

Stephen Ratcliffe - Listening to Reading

Uncanny timing what with Material Comforts coming to an end. So many sentences seem to ring in my ears or shadow lines I was writing a week ago. In some ways he's covering similar territory as my Riddles of Form (and with the same missionary zeal). Sadly, I keep hitting proofing errors which are risky in books such as this depending upon writings which are challenging 'accepted' standards of typography/spelling/grammar etc.. This aside, loads of valuable stuff.

Not much in a way. However. you writes or you reads.

Or, then again, writing IS reading ... etc. etc.

No comments:

April Fool?