Thursday, February 04, 2010

You know you're well into middle age when you get a teapot and a dressing gown for your birthday ...


However, what a tea pot and what a dressing gown!





I haven't tried it yet - with one of the several teas I've been given (Yunnan Wu Shan Yin Hao, Bourgeons de Yunnan, and a Madagascar). However it comes highly recommended by the man at 'La Septieme Tasse'.

The dressing gown is just like one worn by the young Julian Schnabel in Basquiat.

So, I can sit of an evening in my dressing gown sipping tea. The life of an Aesthete beckons.

*



The more I think about it, and despite the obvious human tragedy, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is a film about the alphabet and the urge to communicate. Letter by letter. And the erotics of language.

2 comments:

Geofhuth said...

Great teamaking contrivance, and I love that teacosy. Now to find one for myself! I think I need a cup of Panyang golden needle right now. Thanks for the inspiration.

I love that film, and, sure, it's about the difficulty of communication, but also about the difficulty of being "human," rather than human.

Geof

stek said...

Christy Brown's first letter written by left foot on a slate while sitting on the floor, was the letter "A" which symbolized the beginning of all communication for him.
I like your tea-tasting notes, and what a smashing youtube lesson on making tea!

April Fool?