Tuesday, August 03, 2010

As I'm waiting for files to transfer onto the iPod I might as well do a post.

What's loading?
  • Eleni Karaindrou The Weeping Meadow
  • My Bloody Valentine Loveless
  • FURT plus equals
  • Chris Burn's Ensemble Navigations
It's been a day spent writing & reading - Shakespeare & Berrigan Sonnets, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Leslie Scalapino texts in pdf. Already my mind is turning to what I might teach & how to go about it. It's like a virus.

*

"It's always the ones you'd gladly hear more of who know the value of doing less" (written about Robert Wyatt in a back issue of The Wire)

A statement to bear in mind in this - the one thousandth - post on the Blog. (Although I'm probably flattering myself to think there's many out there that'd care one way or the other.)

Perhaps it's the time to say thanks to anyone who has been reading & particularly those who've posted Comments, given encouragement & generally kept the thing afloat. I'd no idea which direction I was going in when I began and not much more of an idea now (perhaps not a bad thing). However one thing has led to another & I've met some interesting people along the way & re-encountered a Walrus. & maybe there are some shy people out there who drop by & I never know.

I'm still in two (at least) minds about Blogging but it seems to serve a purpose for the time being - if only as a hub for the book-making & other stuff. (:nfold:ngs went out yesterday, by the way).

As the late, great John Ebdon used to sign off on the radio:

if you have been - thanks for listening ...


3 comments:

walrus said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post, O Carpenter!

PS Saw Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland at the w/end -- he (deliberately?) drains all the joy out of it . . . Give me Svankmajer's Alice any day.

Walrus

Keep your Lamp said...

Virus...I put FURT in Spotify to try to find your music. It was not there, but BARTOK KODALY LIGETI sung by Andrea Rost was instead, and it's magic.

Keep your lamp

Geofhuth said...

Since mine is an esthetics of excess, I don't understand the value of less, tho I understand the value of best, and you have that, so keep going. Glad to see you make this milestone, but you're just getting started. The expansions of your work in the past year have been both various and egregiously successful. (Egregiously to those of us who could not do so well so quickly.) Do not stop until the will drains out of you.

your comrade in legs,

unsin,

Geof

April Fool?