Wednesday, December 01, 2010

From the bedroom window this morning I see a car has slid out of control rounding the corner. It's right headlight rammed into a car parked in the street - exactly the space I normally choose.

*

Interesting to discover that Bugge Wesseltoft was born four days before me. He looked even older - although who am I to say?

*

I decide to start a new notebook in honour of the first of the month. Also due to the feeling that the old one had gone stale. (Or is this the proverbial bad workman blaming his tools?).

*

Go down to the library in search of novels by Robert Harris - I'd heard him being interviewed & thought I ought to see what the hype was about. Surprisingly there are only a couple of volumes & not the obvious ones at that. Strange. I must have passed over hundreds of copies of Fatherland and Enigma in book sales. Now I want a copy nothing to be found.

I end up reading the first page of Fatherland using the Look Inside feature on Amazon. I'm immediately struck by the clunky prose. Two pages of such stuff satisfies my curiosity. I'll stick with Iain Sinclair.

*

Driving back from E's piano lesson the snow starts again - enough to make me glad to get home. A really heavy fall during the night & who knows ... the early morning phone call ...?

No comments:

April Fool?