Thursday, December 09, 2010



"To progress in life you must give up the things you do not like. Give up doing the things that you do not like to do. You must find the things that you do like. The things that are acceptable to your mind." (Agnes Martin)

Spend today when not invigilating exams etc. trying to track down books on/by Agnes Martin including the elusive (and eye-wateringly expensive) Writings. By all accounts it is fantastic. If anyone knows of an affordable copy &/or has one to sell please let me know. For now I'm dependent on quotations (often, I suspect, unreliable) via Blogs and other sites.

*




Threads by Jill Magi arrives today after weeks of waiting & disappointed mornings in the post room. The combination of texts and worked on papers is absolutely what I'm after at the moment. Beautiful. Put that in your Kindle & stroke it.

*

I'M NOT
WASTED
THE DAY IS


(slogan on the back of a student's T-shirt during this afternoon's exam)

No comments:

April Fool?