Tuesday, July 10, 2012


o

Rock Alphabet

o

Another one of those days spent sifting and sorting through drawers: A1-size building plans, Christmas and Birthday cards, unfinished things, clippings & all sorts. I separate out what I want to keep as against feel I should keep as well as bits and pieces I just might be able to work on back home.

In amongst it all I find this picture torn from I know not what magazine. Given my dad's limited knowledge and tolerance of anything in the popular music category it's all the more mystifying - my guess is he simply liked the little figures. That said, I'm not too sure of them all - these I do recognise:

Abba ... The Beatles ... Cher ... Eminem (?) ... Ice-T ... The Jacksons ... Kiss ... Led Zep (?) ... Nirvana ... Ozzy ... Public Enemy ... Queen ... Red Hot Chili Peppers (?) ... Stevie Wonder ... Village People ... White Stripes ... &, of course, a rather chubby Zappa.

Sets me wondering what would be my own Rock A-Z ... the kind of exercise Michael Lally excels in. Or maybe I'd need Rock & Jazz ... or maybe ...

No comments:

April Fool?