No claims for authenticity on this recipe but here's tonight's dinner - a Jumbalaya.
1. Brown chicken thighs in olive oil in a large casserole. Remove when browned.
2. Add sliced pieces of chorizo & a thinly sliced onion.
3. Add sliced peppers (R, O, Y, G - as you prefer) & celery. Put the chicken back in.
4. Add garlic.
5. Add rice & coat in the other ingredients.
6. Squeeze in tomato concentrate.
7. Add chicken stock.
8. Add cayenne pepper (according to taste).
9. Bung in the oven at 170 degrees for 55 minutes.
10. Remove from oven. Add prawns (uncooked would be best). Return to oven. Give it another 5 minutes.
11. Remove & serve - you can sprinkle chopped parsley & spring onions for a bit of colour & zing.
12. A gutsy red (Aussie/ S. African) does it justice.
6/10 from E; 7.5 from L. Who cares - we'll eat the rest tomorrow!