Monday, April 07, 2014

it happens like this sometimes ...

.

"... did Nature meet up to your expectations?" (e-mail from Amazon.uk.com)

.

Digging out an old copy of The Wire for The Primer on Xenakis, I find Broadcast feature in The Invisible Jukebox. And one of the tracks? A song off Parallelograms. Thus, a fascinating constellation of Trish Keenan - Linda Perhacs - Julia Holter.

.

In the post: Michael Pisaro's Tombstones. I'm listening to it now as I type against the ambient noise of the street: tiles being sawn opposite, thumps & bangs from the work next door, sporadic air traffic, cars rounding the corner. I'm not sure whether to be irritated or accept that such sonic parasites are part of the point.

.

Oh, & I found my Minidisc player in a box covered in dust from when we knocked the houses together. Quite a few discs, too. & the microphone. I wipe everything down & put in a new battery. Astonishingly it works - I rig it through the hi-fi & there's a 15 year old recording of Humphrey Lyttleton chairing I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

It occurs to me that I could feed it into the iMac & - with Audacity - I could experiment with some sound files.

Off now with E. to do some field recordings in the woods.

This is what holidays are for.

.




No comments:

April Fool?