Saturday, February 02, 2019

"... Often I write in poem-constellations and go about making a world by untying metaphors from their tenors, spinning them into networks. Structuring or crystallisation can arrive late, as long as a year into a particular work zone. A form emerges which I recognise as the cell that will transcribe through the space and time of the poem – it will metastasise. But I can get bored with that particular way, I can hear the verse curdling. What interests me is how meaning emerges from rhythmic cross-currents and sonic and semic clusters, and I don’t want to be able to predict what will come about. That may sound experimental, but I want to recognise what emerges too, as having awaited me all the time. ..."

John Wilkinson (off the Carcanet Blog)

I very much like this statement. 

No comments:

April Fool?