Saturday, July 22, 2006

We're still here ...


... but suffering from the effects of the Belgian summer (ie it is just too hot & tempting to sit outside or go swimming or take the girls to the park.)

Monday some sort of routine re-establishes itself. I hope.

Reading bits of Lisa Robertson's volumes - 'Debbie', 'The Weather', and 'Soft Architecture' - parallel to the feature in The Chicago Review. Discovering all sorts of possibilities.

Martin Corless-Smith's 'Nota' is also fabulous for what it suggests as much as for what it does. (I wonder whether the author photo is intentionally reminiscent of the young Auden?).

Sweaty nights. Cats squealing in the streets. Thunder.

Take out three CDs by Alanis Morissette in an attempt to track down one song which continues to tantalize me (meaning it is playing in various shops when I enter but I never get to know the title). Finally discover it is off the fourth CD 'Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie' I didn't borrow. I suppose I'm trying to make connections across Canadian L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E women poets (eg L. Robertson & Christine Stewart) to 'mainstream' popettes such as Alanis. Not the most obvious route, I know ...

No comments:

April Fool?