Sunday, June 29, 2008



so where does Belgianwaffle stand on the Amy Winehouse phenomenon? (said in a Humphrey Lyttelton-style voice).

Well, I'll spare you the 'I thought Amy Winehouse was a branch of Oddbins until I heard ...' gags. Actually, I couldn't name a single single by La Diva - which obviously puts me at a disadvantage compared to all those hip Cambridge dons who set one of her lyrics for the recent Finals paper. Yo!

What I can say is that this strikes me as a typical bit of British media hypocrisy - i.e. heap vitriol upon the girl while simultaneously filling every available column inch with pictures and opinion about her.

The death of Diana signalled a terrible vacuum for the UK media. Posh has been exhausted (well, it didn't take long) and so who else can fill the void?

Let's imagine The Sun running an 'expose' on Frank O'Hara and Babs Guest. I'd read that.

No comments:

April Fool?