Saturday, January 17, 2009



Just back from a quick jaunt into Brussels - a couple of hours in the Posada art bookshop. It's the first time I've actually gone in. Usually it's closed when I'm walking past and so I just get to look in the window.

A very pleasant lady asks me if there's anything I'm particularly looking for & I say "livres d"artistes" without much hope. She gives me a knowing look and leads me upstairs - a Piranesi tour of spiralling staircases and passageways. There's a little room on the fifth floor and a large cupboard with a small compartment at the bottom. She explains that this is where they keep the artists' books (is that where the apostrophe should come?) and I'm at liberty to rifle through them all. I ask if she wants to take my bag? No, no need. Just call if you want any help.

So I get down on hands and knees and start to pore through a couple of hundred little volumes - most which don't do much for me but this one does -





33 euros ... well, why not? And, in fact, an equally pleasant chap downstairs lets me have it for 30 euros.

So, I'm very impressed by Posada books.

Off now to eat moules & frites.

No comments:

April Fool?