Saturday, March 10, 2012

Currently listening to a Resonance fm podcast - the Johnny Trunk interview with Broadcast. You can listen to it too at: http://ia600404.us.archive.org/8/items/20110115OST/20110115-OST.mp3

°

During the week this arrived:



frequently cited by Trish Keenan as a key source & resource for Broadcast's lyrics and music. & it's easy to see why. I've no idea how this one slipped beneath the radar during my gloriously misspent youth hanging out in late night cinemas. Maybe you couldn't get hold of a print in this country? I'll try and upload a few stills once the podcast has finished.

°

On another topic entirely ... browsing arty craft and design blogs (as I do) I notice a recurrent type of photo: a downward looking shot of the Blogger's own shoes/socks/sandals. Is there some coded message going on? A specifically sisterly female Blogger tic? A way of stating this is where I stand on such a such a day? Or just: nice shoes?

I ask simply for information. So far, you'll be pleased to know, I've resisted the temptation.

°

Wales play Italy in an hour - that time of the year when I feel an almost entirely spurious sense of national identity.

°

You've got to listen to this podcast ... we've had clips from Jonathan Miller's Alice, some Brian Cant, and lots of good stuff besides. (Also in the archives is an interview with Jim Jupp and Julian House of Ghost Box).

°

°
Valerie loses her magic earrings

°

°
Valerie's white bedchamber

°
°
The goldfinch under the glass dome

°

A strange film indeed ... Svankmayer, The Brothers Quay, Tarkovsky ... those are nearest I can come up with at the moment ...

No comments:

April Fool?