Saturday, January 21, 2017


.


.


.


.

Today's haul.

It's the first time I've heard the 'Godard' piece (my own CD is the earlier non-Tzadik release). It's interesting enough but seems to lack the logic of Spillane. And I was rather expecting more of an engagement with the films, the culture ... The exuberance & joy of Godard (especially the early period) is entirely missing. Odd.

Angelus Novus I've not yet listened to. Of course, Walter Benjamin haunts the title - silly of me not to have made the connection earlier.

The Lurie CD is a very different style to his Lounge Lizards work. Needs time shorn of the visuals.

As for the Marcin Wasilewski Trio ... beautiful. The first two tracks alone (the second is Bjork's Hyperballad reinterpreted) confirm that this is one to play & play again.


No comments:

April Fool?