Monday, March 17, 2008

Thank You

1.

A timely reminder ...

“Caution in writing and teaching. Whoever has once begun to write and felt the passion of writing in himself, learns from almost everything he does or experiences only what is communicable for a writer. He no longer thinks of himself but rather of the writer and his public. He wants insight, but not for his own use. Whoever is a teacher is usually incapable of doing anything of his own for his own good. He always thinks of the good of his pupils, and all new knowledge gladdens him only to the extent that he can teach it. Ultimately he regards himself as a throughfare of learning, and in general as a tool, so that he has lost seriousness about himself.”
(Nietzsche, ‘Human, All Too Human’)

2.

How silly of me ...

Where I understood One there were Two. Suddenly it all makes sense!

I am extremely grateful for your posts – they give me renewed energy and enthusiasm to continue blogging.

The image of David Hemmings in ‘Blow Up’ comes back to me: throwing the imaginary ball in the uncertainty of someone picking it up and the game continuing.


3.

distinctive
black ‘W’
obvious patch

the species
irrupts

birds
disperse

(the nest is well hidden
and made of small sticks

twigs
lined with
leaves ...

the letter
winged


4.

Enough for tonight.

2 comments:

Anne said...

And then there were three.

I like these posts about poetry though they are a bit hard to understand, but I like that too.

I have been reading your blog for ages, ever since I found that there was another belgianwaffle out there. How could that be, I dunno, it seemed such an unusual, startling, novel name. Oh well.

Don't give up.

belgianwaffle said...

The more the merrier!

April Fool?