Thursday, May 07, 2009

I find it impossible to write - as to read - one thing at a time. ... It's rare that I don't have a litter of fragments and false starts suggesting, often, irreconcilable projects. This does not mean I write fast, only that my concentration is poor. But one has to work with what one has. Or, if possible, find some way of putting one's defects to work.
(from 'Notes for a Preface', Keith Waldrop)

The Opposite of Letting the Mind Wander arrived today - ordered last week that's pretty quick from the States. Anyone who follows this Blog will see why I seize on this quotation - what a relief to find someone else in my predicament, what a positive way of turning what seems to be such a failing!

I haven't got further than the Preface yet - but one gripe already: why didn't they use Waldrop's own collages on the cover & not three images by Marjorie Welish?

Grumble, grumble.

No comments:

April Fool?