Monday, January 11, 2010

From a Belgianwaffle Special Correspondent in the U.K. I pass on the following update to yesterday's post:

The Observer yesterday referred to the author of The Rough Guide to Sex as "Oxford-educated stud-muffin James McConnachie..."

*

Apologies to the people who have sent comments recently. I've just discovered they're waiting for me to accept. The rigorous new setting I put in place to stop my fiendish Chinese spammer seems to require this editorial intervention. (I should be so lucky to get comments!)

*

Take the Wafflettes in this morning - "une journee pedagogique" at their school - and drive back after lunch. Since then I've written three references. That's pretty good going. There is absolutely no doubt that I work more productively at home. I always thought that I could go back to the life of a free-lance if - and it is a big IF - I had people and a structure around me. Whereas the bachelor years of the mid-to-late 80s were unmitigated misery. Why, in fact, I turned to teaching only to find the balance tips the other way. Certainly the idea of a three-day-week has its charms. Then I could get some real work done ...

*

According to today's Independent, Lewis Hamilton and Pussycat Doll have split. Needless to say, I'm well gutted by this news.

*

On to the London phase of the Jarrett Testament album. I might even try a bit of music criticism for the Paris section.

No comments:

April Fool?