Thursday, January 07, 2010

Occasion for celebration: Jonathan Ross announces his departure from the BBC.

Now, if only Jeremy Clarkson would follow his example ...

*

Morse Solids continues. Today's poem suddenly takes shape mid-afternoon. Whereas yesterday nothing seemed to gel. I'm beginning to learn when to persist and when to let alone.

*

Stocking up for Saturday - heavy snow is forecast.

*

Resume the Jarrett. This morning, track 5 of the Paris Concert. The series as a whole seems to move between discordant fragmented sequences with sudden 'clarifications' (today, what seems to be buried 'allusions' to a jazz favourite - 'Blame It On My Youth'? This is where my musical ear raises a white flag). In addition, listening in the car means that I miss certain passages, press replay, then find I've lost them again due to the traffic, upcoming roundabout, patch of ice. However, it's a routine and a discipline.

*

Pork and lentils.



No comments:

April Fool?