Saturday, January 29, 2011

Earlier this week I catch half a headline with the words "POTTER STAR IN ...". Immediately my mind's searching for his name ... finally: Michael Gambon. Needless to say, it's not Dennis Potter but Harry Potter that's meant - going to show how out of touch I am.

*

Notice stuck to a changing room locker at the pool - HORS SERVICE - with the English translation - OUT OF WORK. Someone more methodical than I would have collected such ephemera over the past 14 years and spun them into a column for one of the Sunday newspapers. (A suggestive mistranslation, though).

*

Watch the J.H. Prynne video Ron S. linked the other day. The first time I hear the voice and see the famous orange tie. A strange disconnect between the violence of the texts and his oh-so-Cambridge elegance of manner during the introduction.

*

Dream of frantically searching for a destination in the London Underground - Dempton, something like that. Later in the day it occurs to me that an analyst would probably suggest 'r-e-d-e-m-p-t-i-o-n'. From what, though?

*

Striking silhouettes of trees this morning on the white wall opposite the Mediatheque as I go in to return some CDs. Coming out I reach for my phone to take the picture - but the angle of the sun has changed (of course) and the silhouettes have gone.

*

Doorbell. My presence is required.

No comments:

April Fool?