Wednesday, March 25, 2015


Thinking today of the disappearance of the sense of shame in public life. How rare to hear of a politician, celebrity, sportsperson, director (you choose) admit yes, what I did was wrong & yes, I take full responsibility & yes, I will accept the consequences of my actions (which will include those of a financial nature proportional to my earnings). The kind of thing the Japanese still seem to do well.

Instead, there are the behind the scenes negotiations with lawyers & PR people & other 'contacts', a suitable period of lying low & then - surprise! - a reappearance & an even more lucrative deal. Maybe a little bit of consultancy work to tide you over (private contract rates, of course).

& I'm not only thinking of Jeremy Clarkson ...



No comments:

April Fool?