Tuesday, January 20, 2015

E. comes home yesterday & informs me that she's being called "weird" by classmates for her Sherlock infatuation. They've seen the handmade book mark & customised journal cover. Perhaps the "weird" is as much down to it being a BBC series (not some box office hyped release) as that anyone bothers to make their own items (not simply order authorised product).

Inevitably it reminds me of my own efforts ... a carefully simulated cassette insert for The Wall broadcast I bootlegged off the radio ... endless attempts to decorate school text books with Roger Dean-style logos ... even the yellow cards I printed stating The Madcap Laughs But Shall Return in a homage to Syd Barrett to leave on buses and telephone boxes ...

I'm firmly of the belief that Charles Olson's maxim (pun intended) "go deep" is one to live by. I'm sure this Sherlock obsession is opening up plenty without her even being aware ... corridors to wander down in the coming years ...

In any case, in this day & age, who wants "normal"?

No comments:

April Fool?