Thursday, February 05, 2015

Last night's birthday dinner (confit de canard, beans, oven potatoes ...) meant left overs of duck pieces. So tonight I made some little potato cakes with the meat & fried them. Delicious. & some left for tomorrow's lunch.

.

Tiny flakes of snow as I walk around the block this morning at 8 am. Then, by 10 am, there's a real fall. Was this forecast? But by lunch time the sun is out ... excitement & panic over. (The worst of all possible scenarios: a snow day - but everyone already at school).

.

The R. F. Langley Journals haven't arrived. I can never get the hang of Amazon delivery dates.

.

A jog despite the sub zero temperatures. Again a twinge in the left leg - Achilles heel?

These days, the basic loop of the woods (3 km in 20 & a bit minutes) hardly leaves me out of breath but the legs are feeling it. I suppose this is when you deliberately up the distance &/or the speed. Being me, I'll probably settle for consolidating what I've already achieved. Choosing between the hare & the tortoise I'll opt for the tortoise every time.

.

Tomorrow evening the Six Nations Rugby begins again & I rediscover my rather fragile Welsh roots. Wales v England in Cardiff & a kick off at about 9:30 pm our time. I'll stick it out until some major piece of idiocy by a Welsh player or crass refereeing decision sends me upstairs in despair.

No comments:

April Fool?